I love Thai and Chinese food but I will only order steamed chicken and vegetables when I eat at our local restaurants. I did have one restaurant prepare an order of Drunken Noodles and I fell in love with the flavor. Unfortunately, that restaurant is two hours away from where I live and I don’t get a chance to go there often. I developed this recipe that is very close. My daughters actually request this. They love the spice!
- 1/2- 16 oz box of Notta Pasta Wide Rice Noodles
- 1 lb of either venison, beef, buffalo, chicken or pork
- 1/8 cup Garlic Chili Pepper Sauce
- 1/3 cup GF soy sauce or Tamari
- 4 tbl minced garlic
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes with chilies
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 cups frozen green beans, thawed
- 2 tbl lemon juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Marinate meat in garlic pepper sauce and soy sauce for at least 2 hours.
- Saute meat with the marinate. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until slightly brown. Add garlic, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, and carrots. Cook for 2 minutes on medium high heat.
- Add drained noodles, beans and brown sugar. Cook until noodles are tender. Do not over cook. Serve immediately.
- If noodles don’t have enough spice feel free to add more garlic chili pepper sauce. Just be careful because a little goes a long way.
Cook’s note: Noodles are great reheated the next day if you have any left.
photo credit: love?janine