I was cleaning out my chest freezer when I realized I had saved two ham bones. They were all wrapped up just waiting to be used. I usually cook a ham and then save the bone for another meal. Well, it just happened to be really chilly outside so I decided I was going to make myself some creamy potato soup. Now this was a first for me but I make pea soup all of the time so I figured it couldn’t be that hard. It turned out perfect. Chunks of ham and potato, who could ask for more. I called this soup creamy potato but there isn’t any dairy in my recipe. The potatoes boiled down and made this wonderfully thick soup.
- 2 ham bones
- 6 cups GF chicken stock
- 4 potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 twists on the pepper grind
- Start by cooking your ham bone in the broth for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the bone from pan and cut up the left over meat into bite size pieces. Add ham pieces back into soup.
- Add the rest of your ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes.
- If soup seems too thin add 2 tbl of tapioca starch to thicken. Serve with a fresh piece of hot bread.